I made up this little apron for Rhubarb. Because it ties in the back it will fit just about any doll or stuffy that is around 16-18 inches tall. It's an easy pattern to adjust the size if you need to alter it. Here's the how-to.
1/4 yard cotton quilting fabric
2 3/4" buttons
Cut 1 strip of fabric measuring 3" x 44"
The remaining piece should be 6" x 44" if you're using a quarter yard piece of fabric.
2. Take the remaining piece of fabric and fold it in half so the right sides are facing outward. Press this seam.
3. Open this piece up and press each raw edge inward approximately 1/4 of an inch.
4. It should now look like the above image. Next, cut a 12 inch piece off of the folded fabric.
5. Sew down the edge of the 12 inch piece. Cut this piece of fabric in half so that each one measures 6 inches. These are the two straps of the apron.
6. With the remaining strip of folded fabric, tuck in the raw edges at the ends. Pin in place.
7. Find the center of the apron piece by folding it in half and marking it with a pin. Next, find the center of the long tie by folding it in half and marking it with a pin. Line those pins up and insert the raw gathered edge into the center of the tie. Pin in place.
8. Go back and tuck each strap into the folded fabric and pin into place as well. Notice when pinning, that one side of the strap is lined up with the edge of the apron.
9. Starting at one end of the tie, sew all of the pinned edges.
10. Fold the apron straps upward and tack into place with a needle and thread. Sew on two buttons and you are finished.
P.S. You can see my Otis and Rhubarb sewing pattern here. The fabric used in this pattern is from my Extraordinary World fabric collection from In The Beginning Fabrics.
Let's Connect and don't forget about my free Whimsical Flower Pins Pattern.
Visit my Website, Etsy Shop, Blog, Facebook