Here's a quick little project that doesn't take a lot of supplies, tools, or time. Here's what you need: 4 yards of waxed cotton, hemp, or twine, assortment of glass and wood beads, a toggle clasp, and a pendant.
1. Start by cutting four equal strands of cording. Remember all of the knots will shrink the length of the cords so make them long. String them through the hole of the pendant and tie a knot.
2. Start tying small beads onto the cords.
3. After knotting beads onto all of the cords tie a knot with all four cords.
4. It should look like this so far. You will continue to knot the cording with beads until you reach the length of necklace you would like.
5. Slide the four strands through one side of the toggle and tie in a knot. Approximately an inch further down the cording tie the loose cording to the strand. Cut the loose ends. Repeat on the 2nd side of the necklace.