Cut your fabrics according to the measurements on the pattern piece.
1. Sandwich the batting between the two layers of fabric with right sides facing out.
2. Fold the scissor pocket in half to make a rectangle measuring 4 x 4 1/2” Sew around three sides, leaving an opening for turning. Turn right sides out and press. Arrange at the top of the organizer fabric and pin to secure.
3. Top stitch around the two sides and bottom.
4. Fold the pencil pocket in half to make a 5” x 6” rectangle with the right sides facing outward. Pin to the organizer so the raw edges align.
5. Fold the paper pocket to a 3” x 3 1/2” pocket so the right sides are facing outward. Align the raw edges.
6. Fold the binding in half with right sides out and press. Pin the binding around the outside of the organizer. Sew all of the way around.
7. To make the tabs, fold two of the side inward and press making the width of the tab approximately 1 1/2” wide.
8. Fold the tab in half. According to the grommet instructions, place a grommet in the middle of the tab. Repeat this for the two other tabs.
9. Mark where the tabs go on the straight side of the organizer. Pin the tabs so they are facing inward. Wrap the binding around the raw edges and hand stitch in place, secure the tabs as you go.
I would love to see what you make, tag me on Instagram or post your project to my Facebook page will ya?
Visit my Website, Etsy Shop, Blog, Facebook