Saturday, October 8, 2011
Believe Necklace Tutorial, Holiday Project #1
1 Believe Ceramic Link
3 assorted Holiday Charms
2 red 6mm faceted Czech beads
1 yard red organza ribbon
1 yard lime organza ribbon
2 foldover crimps
2 head pins
3 silver 4mm jump rings
1. Begin by connecting a charm to each of the three bottom loops on the link with a jump ring.
2. Thread one ribbon through a top loop on the link. Tie a simple knot to secure the ribbon. Repeat with remaining ribbon on the opposite side.
3. Trim the ribbon ends to the desired length. Remember you will be tie a bow so be sure to leave extra for that.
4. String a Czech bead onto a headpin. Make a simple wire loop. Before closing it slide it onto the loop of the fold over crimp. Repeat this step for the second crimp.
5. Place the ribbon in the center of the crimp. With your chain(flat) nose pliers fold one side of the crimp over to secure the ribbon. Fold over the second side and pinch tightly. Repeat on other side.
Visit my Website, Etsy Shop, Blog, Facebook, or Studio and Gallery