Monday, July 12, 2010

Crazy Necklace Part Two




Oh boy! I got such a reaction from the necklace I posted the other day, I thought I should give you some more angles. I do have lots of photos of it. So here are some more. To answer Kim's questions about the assembly. I made a bunch of headpins basically and glued the wire into them. I then covered the wire in rubber tubing and glued another headpin top on the other end of the wire. This way I could twist them around the neck wire I made.


There are also ceramic beads strung on the neck wire and some charms. I just kept adding until there was no more room. I especially like the clasp so here is a back view.


Have a great day,

10 comments:

  1. Wowza! That is UBER FUN!
    I love that you covered the wire in the tubing. I have bunch of that in bright colors and I think you just gave me an inspiration! Enjoy the day! Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME!!! so sweet of you to answer my question!
    you are so creative and i love seeing what new goodies you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did regular jewelry glue work on the headpin wire combination. This necklace is awesome and so color. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite the necklace - right in line with the whole "statement necklace" trend that has been going on this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am big fan of two part epoxy. I have never tried anything else. I would think it would work though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you all like the necklace, I am going to have to dig through some of my other photo files and see what else I haven't shown you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! that is a super crazy necklace. Loving it!i just love your beads. I'm always looking at them in your shop and on Etsy. One of these days I am going to splurge and get some of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this...it is just so fun and happy! When I saw it, I couldn't help but smile!
    Bead Happy!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. All kinds of wacky crazy fun going on in that necklace!!! Wonderful way to pull all those pieces together!

    ReplyDelete

Pin It button on image hover